ART
ART
LAW
LAW
LAW
MAP

Login
 
ADDITIONAL VIEWS:
[Owego]. Survey of a section of undeveloped Owego 1807.
Author
Record Number
BOOKS289784
ISBN/Call Number
Notes
This is a survey of land that is being purchased by [Gen.] John Laning which goes from Main Street northwest to the Owego Creek. It was property called "The Whole Tract Deeded by David Pixley & Wife to Joseph Hale on January 1803". The Administrators of Joseph Hale Deeds to John Laning November 9, 1807. This is on brown paper 12.5" x 20.2" with pen and ink in black and red. Some of the boundary markers are a Buttonwood Tree, Oak Tree. However, some other boundary markers like Pine Tree (now gone) and the Pine Stump - now gone. The section in red ink is the part to be purchased. This section boarders "The Old Cayuga Road" which was the Indian Path and now developed into McMaster St. On the reverse "Map of Land Deeded from Pixley to Hale & Hale to J. Lanning. Afterword there is a big (a). Kingman in EARLY OWEGO page 131 "Gen. Laning ... purchased considerable land on the east side of Owego creek, northwest of this village, and engaged in the manufacture of lumber."
Book Size, Pages, Condition Description
Book Condition
VG
DJ Condition
No Dustjacket
Illustrations
Edition
Cover
Broadsheet
Publisher
Place Published
Publication Date
1807
$ 2000.00