Search
by title/ISBN
by author

ART
ART
LAW
LAW
LAW
MAP

Login
 
ADDITIONAL VIEWS:
[Owego]. This is an early map of Owego with one street called CHAPPELL ST.
Author
Record Number
BOOKS289785
ISBN/Call Number
Notes
This is an early map of Owego with one street called CHAPPELL ST. that is described in Kingman's EARLY OWEGO on page 347 "That portion between Main and Front was known as Chapel street, (so called because the old Methodist church, then known as "the chapel,' stood on the southeast corner of it and Main Street. After the academy was built in this street, in 1883, the name was changed to Academy street." Another interesting name is "Dog alley, sometimes known as Hickory street, was a cul de sac extending from Main street a few rods north. ... The name of Dog alley was naturally unpleasing to the residents ... now Central avenue ..." after being straightened. page 359. 19" x 23.5" on brown paper. Circa 1807. Black and Red pen and Ink with light penciling.
Book Size, Pages, Condition Description
Book Condition
VG
DJ Condition
No Dustjacket
Illustrations
Edition
Cover
Broadsheet
Publisher
Place Published
Publication Date
1807
$ 2500.00